Imaginale Design
I entered a contest today that asked what you are grateful for. I wanted to share it since it pertains to this whole wedding experience :)

My response..

I am grateful for the smell of my fiance. My family is in TX and I live in Atlanta. Although I won't see them this week, when I dig my face into my fiance's neck to kiss it, it smells like "home." A different type of home. One I'll be smelling till' I'm old and gray.



It's true. I LOVE people's smells. My mom used to have this perfume-y smell. When she would give me lunch money, I would put the dollar against my nose at school and it smelled like bright red lipstick, Giorgio perfume, and her spearmint gum.


Does someone you love have a particular smell?

I'm very grateful to say the least :)
7 Responses
  1. Lenora Says:

    I think EVERYONE has a smell, including me. And obviously some people's are more important to me than others.


  2. Lenora Says:

    And that would be me (Jenna).


  3. Jenn Says:

    Wherabouts in TX is your fam? I live in Lubbock and have fam all over the state!

    As for smells, have you ever heard of Tres Flores aftershave? My Grandfather uses it and whenever I smell it, I'm reminded of simpler times! Up until the day I moved out to go to college, EVERY morning he would kiss my forehead before he left for work and he always smelled of Tres Flores:)


  4. Jenna -- Yeah, everyone does have a smell, but when it's someone you love or miss, it's such a good feeling to come across it unexpectedly :)

    Jenn- WOW! Every morning?! What a beautiful memory :) Never heard of Tres Flores... My family and I are from Dallas. I came to ATL for school and now working here! (for now) Lubbock is not too far... ;) My wedding is in Houston!


  5. Lenora Says:

    Actually, unexpectedly coming across the smell of someone I really miss is almost always overwhelmingly sad. Something that I keep around intentionally for the smell, though, is usually comforting.
    ~Jenna


  6. Unknown Says:

    I know what you mean! I love certain people's smells too. There's a certain part of my apartment that inexplicably smells like my grandmother's house - I intentionally walk by there & linger there several times a day because it's so comforting and it puts a smile on my face!


  7. Jenn Says:

    Hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! I have family in Ft. Worth and my fiance is from Southlake. We travel that way often and actually, my fiance proposed at The Palladium in Dallas at a Wilco show! :)