Imaginale Design
Thank you all for the comments/e-mails with your thoughts on the dresses. I can't tell you enough how much I value your opinion. I am taking notes and when it gets closer to making these decisions -- I look over my notes that include your comments and opinions :) Most of all, it's exciting to just share!

I have a couple of good stuff. I found some CUTE pictures with an excellent rendition of "vintage." Can you tell I love this theme? ;) AND, I'm posting the red dresses. AND (!!! get excited !!) ... I'm going to be GIVING AWAY a surprise!!


Oooo, what kind of surprise you say? Well, as many of you know, I'm in a salsa performance group and I decided to make some neck pieces for us to wear. Our dress is a simple, black, fitted, one-sleeve dress. It's sexy but really simple so we wanted to add something to make it "BAM!" Well, I knew I wanted us to wear chokers... but in my head I pictured a choker with a dramatic flower on the side but every store that I went to, had a gorgeous flower -- but not with a choker. Thus, I decided to make my own.

From the lovely Michaels Arts & Crafts store I: took a white orchid flower with a red-violet center, attached a small orange flower as an accent, added a white stem with tiny white puffs as another accent, and finished it off with 3 very slim leapord print feathers. I've attached the "piece" to a brouche pin so that you can pin it to a dress, top, choker ;), or even a pony tail to put it around your hair! And if you know me, you KNOW I'm a fan of flowers in the hair.

Anyway, since I bought a whole stem of these flowers to make for the girls in my dance group... I had an extra set! I thought "hey, I bet one of my friends would love this..." and since I couldn't choose one, I am going to give it away to one of y'all! You'll have to be patient though. I'm going to take pictures of it this Wednesday when we have our first dress rehearsal. I have to go out to the store and buy some velcro for the black ribbon (which is so pretty!). Hopefully I can post them by Thursday and I will choose the "winner" by random. You know how they do in the other blogs -- you comment on something, then a "random" comment is chosen and that's the winner! :) I will choose the comment from either this post or the next one (I will let you know :). Until then, hold your breath for the picture and I hope you're excited!

Before I get into the red dresses, look at these lovely vintage bridesmaid dresses.


However, I could never make my friends wear these dresses, haha. To be honest, I'm posting this picture because I LOVE the bouquet! I found this post on Snippet & Ink where she was featuring Heather Balliet's cousin wedding. Heather Balliet is an incredible photographer that has so uniquely named her website amor*ology -- I love it! Maybe I'm a little biased about the Spanish, hehe ;)

And now... look at these BOW TIES !!!! No joke.. I have to have these or make them. Just look at the color and detail.... beautiful.

His hat!! Too cute!!


Okay, now we can move on to the dresses, ha.

The first set of red dresses are by Alfred Angelo as well:

You recall the "casual" one on the left, on the right I love the bottom of the dress...


Pretty, but typical, and I don't enjoy typical :D


This one is by Lela Rose -- I like it a lot


Actually, look at this other gorgeous/vintage Lela Rose dress - here.

Now imagine these dresses in a different color (either the deep red or teal...)
On the left is J Crew and on the right is Oli



On the left here is Charolette Russe - Love it! On the right is Christian Dior
Aren't they sexy and sophisticated??






Okay, so y'all know the hair style I want, but I came across this and LOVED it to pieces!! Instead of messy curls, this is much more sleek and sophisticated. AND I came across another wedding gown that I loved -- I would prefer just slightly less of the layers (however, still stunning).




Phew! That's it! Enjoy and do share ;)
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    Those bowties are absolutely adorable! I also love the dresses you posted, although I agree that the first couple are rather simple and classic. I especially love the last two non-red dresses you posted! Also, I hope your salsa performance went well - I saw the pictures and love the chokers. I still can't believe that you made them all by yourself! Ooooo, and I love the hairstyle you posted - something like that would look horrible on me, but I can see it being very elegant and beautiful on you, especially with a pretty flower on the side!