Imaginale Design
The good: I went to Austin this past weekend and visited 3 potential venues! Also, Kristen went with me to try on some wedding dresses and... it seems that the mermaid style is the winner! I am pretty confident in this decision. Also, I tried on a cathedral veil.... BREATH TAKING! You know how they say that when you find "THE" dress you say "This is the one" ... well, I felt that with the VEIL! I knew, this will be the veil I will wear:



The bad: So as many of you don't know, my house was broken into the week before Christmas. Yeah =\ The heart break was that they stole not only my laptop (I can get over that), but they stole my camera. If you know me, you know that my SLR camera is another limb for me. It's been hard, but I'm blessed that I carry my external hard drive to work with me. This means I have all of my photos backed up *deep ... deeeeeep sigh of relief* I've been able to be distracted with the dance performances (happened the day of my first performance ...), the Holidays, and with visiting friends and family. Needless to say I didn't have time to dwell on it.

Anyway... the only pictures I have of the choker-flower piece I made are the ones that people took of me and the dance group wearing them. Hopefully you get an idea of it. I took it off the black ribbon, put a clip on it and stuck it in my messy bun -- cute! Since I've only had 2 comments, that means it will only be between 2 people! 2 awesome girls which I will have to flip a coin for :) :)
(click image to see bigger)



That's it for now! Once I go back to work I'll probably update again since I'll have a computer there. Happy New Year everyone! Please, please, please, beware of your surroundings and always check your doors! Don't brush it off because I would have never imagined this happening to me -- even in locked doors and a safe neighborhood.

2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    OMG, I had no idea about your house!! Oh, Alejandra I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm so thankful that you are safe and that you weren't there when it happened.

    On to the good - I LOVE that veil! It is absolutely gorgeous! What do you mean by a mermaid dress though? Is that the dress that is also in the picture?


  2. I know :( I didn't tell many people because it happened right before I left for Texas so I haven't seen anyone, and I didn't want to announce it to everyone either - ya know?

    I love the veil too! By mermaid dress, I mean the style that is very tight all the way to your mid-thighs then just expands at the bottom. Very similar to the delicate style (fitted dress). I thought I was too little for it, but it ended up accenting my body and *highlighting* my curves! I'll post a picture later of one of the dresses I loooove :)