Imaginale Design
So even though I posted a sneak peek of this on my photoblog, I wanted to share some with you too! This is from yet another photoshoot my fiance's sister and I did revolved around a "carnival" theme. I took a "gypsie" approach and I actually used my friend Ren's tutorial for the make up! I changed it a little by using a MAC turquoise liner under my lower lashes as opposed to eye-shadow. She's a professional make up artist here in Atlanta and she has the best make-up blog.
Jasmine


And me.. the Indian-inspired gypsie


What I would GIVE to photograph an Indian wedding! Truly an inspiration for some of my "themed" photoshoots.

p.s. Is my font too small? For some reason my font looks MUCH smaller on my laptop than my desktop at work... Let me know if it's tiny for you too!

p.p.s. If you are in a relationship or engaged... PLEASE stay tuned! I'm going to do a series on the book "The Five Love Languages" once a week. I promise you it can transform your relationship/enhance/strengthen it. If you're single... get ahead of the game!! You will learn so much about yourself. If you have read it ... stick around to give me your own thoughts!
6 Responses
  1. Jenn Says:

    My fiance and read that book last year and it definitely was an eye opener, can't wait to hear your perspective!


  2. Unknown Says:

    As usual, I love the pictures! I've read the Five Love Languages and I love it! It makes so much sense & I feel like so many relationships would be better if people read it and sincerely tried to implement its message. I also think that it works not just for couples, but for any relationship period (friendships, coworkers, etc.). My dad actually teaches workshops about it and made the entire family take a love language quiz. We were all able to accurately guess each other's love languages, which I suppose is why I always feel so loved by them. I also ended up secretly figuring out my coworkers' languages once and trying to speak it - it worked wonders!! Haha, anyway, sorry for rambling on - I clearly have strong thoughts on the book & I can't wait to see what your thoughts are!


  3. I didn't realize how many people have read it! That's awesome :)

    And Ellen -- WOW, I had no idea your dad taught workshops on it! So what love language did your coworker speak and how did you speak it? I'm curious to know the implementation of this outside of relationships. Seriously!


  4. Unknown Says:

    Well, this particular co-worker's love language is quality time. So I made sure to talk to her every morning about our weekends and various plans for the rest of the day. And I would periodically stop by her office to chat and ask about her day. We created a great working relationship. To this day, we still call each other to keep updated on each other's lives! Conversely, my other coworker's language was most definitely NOT quality time but was instead acts of service. I didn't know this at first, so I could never undertand why she'd be so irritated when I would stop by and ask about her day. Eventually, I realized that wasn't her language so I would instead stop by and ask if I could do anything for her. It was amazing how much friendlier she ended up being!

    Also, just curious - what is your love language, Alej? I'm usually really good at guessing them, so I'm curious to see what it is!


  5. Haha.. I was just about to ask for yours!

    Well, I will reveal mine when I get to that chapter ;) But you can tell me yours now! ;)

    Hmmm.. I'm now curious how to go about figuring out my co-worker's love language...


  6. Unknown Says:

    Haha, I guess I'll just have to wait, although I'm sure I'm right! I'm actually slightly ashamed of mine - it's gifts . . . but not just material gifts, which is why I also scored really high on the other languages.