Imaginale Design
Okay, can I just let you guys know that in just these past two weeks I am 95% sure about the following:

WEDDING DRESS (*scream!!*)
Venue (GORGEOUS!!!)
Catering (!!!)

And now... I found a GREAT wedding cake designer with very reasonable prices! They are Edible Designs by Jessie. She protects all of her images so I can't post them on here for you. There was only ONE I could find and luckily I loved it! Check out her website! I reeeeally hope they taste as good as they look. What do y'all think?



I will give y'all a SNEAK peak at the wedding venue. Since it is not "officially" selected, I am going to keep you in suspense. But let's just say it is COMPLETELY what I was looking for at a great price! Well, actually -- I have to do it on a Sunday morning because the Saturday night was super expensive.

Look!





Credit of this photo is the wedding coordinator AT the wedding location. Thus, I can't link you just yet! Let's just say this place EMBODIES the Latin-European-Vintage look I'm going for - yay!!


Last question that I could definitely use your input on. You know catering is always a stress when you're trying to stay in the budget, SO I'm trying to be creative here.

I spoke w/3 caterers from the preferred vendor list and was not impressed with some of the breakfast selections. They reminded me a lot of hotel breakfast -- eggs, breads, bacon/sausage, and potatoes. But before I ramble about that, I will get to my point/question.

There is one particular catering company that fuses Latin & American food into very eclectic, unique, and tasty (from the sounds of it) dishes. BUT their breakfast menu was -- womp womp! Continental breakfast? No thanks. As I was looking at their menu, I was ENTRANCED by their canapés section. According to Wikipedia, a canapé or canape (Spanish/French for couch[1] and known in Italy as tartina) is a small, prepared and usually decorative food, held in the fingers and often eaten in one bite. Like so:


Photosource

To give you an idea of the fusion -- one of the canapés was a "Plantain crusted chicken w/queso panela, spicy black bean sauce." YUM!! One more example: "Ceviche cups - gulf shrimp, citrus cured white fish avocado, corn tortilla cups." Turns out that for a selection of 5 different canapés it would cost $15 p/person. THEN I could add a breakfast taco station (comes with tortillas, variety of meats, veggies, cheeses, & salsas) for $4 p/person, plus a tropical+local fruit bar for $4 p/person = $23 p/person.

The concern is that there might not be a lot of food, BUT I think having 5 canapés to choose from, fruits, AND a breakfast taco bar would leave everyone "content" with an eclectic, tasty, and unique experience. Maybe no one will be "so full" -- but hey, feel free to contribute to the wedding and I'll add another dish for you :P I think this was the best I could do to combine unique flavors, a decent price, and satisfy most people.

What do y'all think?

For comparison, here is a typical brunch/breakfast menu another company presented me:

"Scrambled Eggs w/Fiesta toppings (cheddar cheese, pico de gallo), southern grits or hash browns, waffles w/fresh syrups, bacon, sausage, busicuits & croissants, jams, 2 choice of juices, coffee, and decaf w/condiments" = $25 p/person.

A lot of food? Yeah, definitely. But unique? Tasty? Um, no...

Granted, there was another company that offered: eggs benedict station, mini quiches, belgium waffle station, mini breakfast pizzas, and fruit salads -- but that totaled to about $28 p/person. I could leave out one of the stations to save money, so what do you think of that?

Help! Need your opinion!
2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Hey chica!
    I'm loving the cake. Please be sure to ask if they will deliver it and set it up for you and if so....how much or is that automatically tacked on the cake's price. Some bakeries are really iffy on that. The venue is amazing!! See what they have to offer you (i.e. chairs, table cloths, tables) and check with local rental places to get other prices. Furthermore.....ask about the clean up....who is in charge of this afterwards? These are only a couple of questions to take into consideration!! I'm def. loving it!!


  2. Unknown Says:

    I went to the website and I love her cakes! The fact that they are reasonably priced makes it even better. I LOVE the picture of the venue that you posted! I especially love all the lights! Also, I agree with you about the food - the caterers' menus do seem to resemble a continental breakfast. Thus, I think having the canapes, taco bar, and the fruits is a great idea because it's not boring food but there's also something for even really picky eaters to enjoy!